Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Question of the Day

Q: hey there! I have a question. My hair his currently done in kinky twists. The relative who did my hair told me that I should go ahead and big chop (I was already planning to at the end of the summer) but also told me that she is natural (she had on a weave at the time) and she has a texturizer and that I should get one after I cut my hair. What exactly do texturizers do? I've heard that they are not that different from relaxers. And how do I stay confident with my hair after my big chop?


A: “Texturisers, relaxers and perms are all different in the effect they provide for your hair. Relaxers are used to take wave or curl out of hair. Texturisers work basically the same way, with stylists often referring to texturisers as weak relaxers. They won’t take out as much curl or wave because they use a smaller concentration of active ingredients or aren’t left on as long.” 

Needless to say if you decide to get a texturiser you are not natural. It is a chemical. 

Confidence is something you have to feel inside. So when you big chop hold your head up high, know and feel that you are beautiful with or without hair. Try wearing earrings and a bit of makeup if you’re feeling a little less fem without your hair. 
When I big chopped I looked like a little boy, but no one could tell me nothing when I throw on some earrings and make up…
Much Luck!!

2 comments: